NettEnergy is a company based in Holland and has developed a relatively simple and universally applicable Mobile Pyrolysis Plant which enables decentralised woody biomass transformation process moderately to highly effective bio-crude oil, syn-gas, bio-char and wood vinegar.
Our company wants the conversion of biomass to energy and high valued raw materials to become available to small, local applications.
In our view, the owners of biomass are enabled to convert their biomass into more valuable products. Pyrotech Energy provides projects and solutions for energy savings installations on site where the biomass is converted into high quality products.
The concept is based on a Mobile Pyrolysis Plant and has four principles:
A mobile unit goes to the biomass storage location.
It locally converts biomass into bio-crude oil, bio-char, wood vinegar and syn- gas.
The syn-gas is used locally to generate electricity and heat.
The bio-crude oil and bio-chemicals products are used locally or at another facility.
Why this Concept? This concept was introduced by NettEnergy in Europe recognizing that central processing of biomass is in the long term not viable. Because centralized processing always remain dependent on the owners of biomass, transportation costs and labor costs. If these owners increase the price of their biomass most central plants are no longer economically viable. This concept is ideal for municipalities, forest owners and farmers. The projects of Pyrotech Energy are executed using a unique approach to each application based on a mobile installation that operates at the sources of biomass. This concept is fundamentally different from the traditional approach where biomass is transported to a central plant. NettEnergy has developed the first Mobile Flash Pyrolysis Plant system for rapid conversion of low value biomass into higher-value bio-crude oil with a HHV of 24 Mj/kg, Bio-char, syn-gas and wood vinegar.
Our concept is fundamentally different using one of two models: the 2 tonne – Mobile Pyrolysis Plant or the 10 tonne – Mobile Pyrolysis Plant. Our biggest model converts every 10 tonnes of feedstock into:
- 2500 litres of bio-crude oil with a HHV at 24 MJ/kg,
- 1000 kg of biochar,
- 2500 litres of wood vinegar on a daily basis and
- syn-gas nett equal to 50 KW/h for every hour that the unit operates.
- Flexible, Versatile, Access to remote areas, Turnkey Operation, Remote Controled Solution, Mobile, Portable and Bolt on Configurations.
- Mobile modular design: the plant operates on a heavy duty, standard size pull trailer for easy transportation and set-up. The unit is also collapsible, making it safe and energy efficient to transport over existing roads and off-road right-of-ways.
- Power generation: the plant generates its own power through the recycled use of process wood-gas making the process self sustaining.
- Novel reactor design: the heart of the mobile pyrolysis plant is its novel moving bed reactor with patented heat recovery system and a unique separation system , enabling the pyrolysis process to operate at higher temperatures with lower input energy requirements making it the only mobile pyrolysis system employing separation technology.
- Novel feeding system: NettEnergy proprietary pulse feeding technology increases the biomass feeding rate over traditional feeding technologies.
- In terms of CO2 balance, the Bio Crude Oil produced by such a plant represents a potential reduction of 16,600 tonnes of CO2 emissions per year. If the syn-gas is used fully, this would represent a further 25,509 tonnes of equivalent emissions reduction. If the Bio-char was used for sequestration, rather than for industrial uses, then the CO2 sink potential represents further 18,412 tonnes in reduced emissions.